[asa] God's Word in Human Words

From: David Opderbeck <dopderbeck@gmail.com>
Date: Wed Mar 12 2008 - 13:44:44 EDT

I've read through the first couple of chapters and the conclusion of Kenton
Sparks' new book, "God's Word in Human Words" (http://tinyurl.com/2uocf4).
If, like me, you're interested, troubled, concerned, etc. by the notion of
"accommodation," what it means epistemologically, where it fits
historically, how it relates to contemporary evangelical views of inerrancy,
what it implies for hermeneutics and the authority of scripture -- run,
don't walk, to buy and read this book. Not everyone will agree with Sparks
-- indeed, I'm certain there will be vigorous criticism from many quarters
-- but I don't think anyone can gainsay that this is a tour de force in
terms of how it lays out the underlying issues.

--
David W. Opderbeck
Associate Professor of Law