[asa] Michael Heller wins Templeton Prize

From: Randy Isaac <randyisaac@comcast.net>
Date: Wed Mar 12 2008 - 12:18:14 EDT

http://www.templetonprize.org/bios.html

Has anyone here read any of Heller's books?

a quote of his from the above bio:

In a statement prepared for the news conference, Heller described his position as follows:

Various processes in the universe can be displayed as a succession of states in such a way that the preceding state is a cause of the succeeding one. (and) there is always a dynamical law prescribing how one state should generate another state. But dynamical laws are expressed in the form of mathematical equations, and if we ask about the cause of the universe we should ask about a cause of mathematical laws. By doing so we are back in the Great Blueprint of God's thinking the universe, the question on ultimate causality.: "Why is there something rather than nothing?" When asking this question, we are not asking about a cause like all other causes. We are asking about the root of all possible causes.

Randy