RE: [asa] Pentacostal / Charismatic Faith-Science Work

From: Donald F Calbreath <dcalbreath@whitworth.edu>
Date: Sat Mar 08 2008 - 10:54:30 EST

I am a part of a project with all these scholars that is funded by the Templeton Foundation. The project deals with the intersection of science and Pentecostal/charismatic theology. Yong and Vondey are on the faculty at Regent University. Yong has been involved for years with the Divine Action Project of the Center for Theology and the Natural Sciences at Berkeley. He is a prolific writer (both books and articles). He has published a number of science-religion materials in Zygon. Vondey is younger and I'm not familiar with the science-religion material he has published other than an article for the "Science and Spirit" project mentioned above. Smith is a team leader of this project (along with Yong). Elbert is also a team member for this project. To my knowledge, Schloss is not charismatic, but has done some studies of specific charismatic aspects of worship (sorry, no references right now).

Don Calbreath