Re: [asa] FW: Temperature Monitors Report Widescale Global Cooling

From: Don Winterstein <dfwinterstein@msn.com>
Date: Sun Mar 02 2008 - 02:16:11 EST

Rich says, "That's simply not true."

I think you missed my emphasis here. Ultimately any significant action to curtail GHG emissions, especially if it's "draconian," will require a huge PR effort to gain the consent of the people. People are fully supportive as long as actions taken don't affect them personally in a negative way, but if the actions get significant, they will affect people negatively. Those who then hear things like, "The January global land surface average was below the 20th century mean...," are unlikely to be in a proper frame of mind to go along; and if enough refuse to go along, the significant actions won't happen. Of course, in this instance the temperature (strangely) went right back up, and such a development would tend to restore motivation.

Don