Re: [asa] D'Souza vs. Hitchens - Surrending the debate

From: <mlucid@aol.com>
Date: Wed Oct 31 2007 - 23:07:55 EDT

 Yahweh?? Man, Yahweh ain't the God I have in my heart or my mind. I'm faith-bound
to the belief that I do not worship a vengeful God.?

You know, the Bible is, to me (among a billion other things) a story of the evolution
of? our ability to understand God.? Not the evolution of God, mind you, but our ability
to comprehend God.

Is the God of the old Testament the God of the New Testament?? Of course.? Are
the humans of the old Testament the humans of the New Testament??? No way.?

And Hindus and Wiccans?? I don't think that we are allowed to pass judgment on
Hindus and Wiccans with respect to idolatry.? That'll be done outside our ministrations.?
We should stick far more closely to passing judgment upon ourselves with respect
to what is and is not idolatry, even one to the other among us, in here, sure.

-Mike (Friend of ASA)