Re: [asa] Natural theology

From: George Murphy <gmurphy@raex.com>
Date: Wed Oct 31 2007 - 12:31:30 EDT

Yes, McGrath's views in this regard have been strongly influenced by Torrance's "completion" of Barth's position on natural theology - as in fact have mine. Barth's position was esentially negative - "Nein!" to natural theology. Torrance argued that what Barth was objecting to was a natural theology independent of revelation, & that it's a quite different matter to develop a natural theology within the context of a specifically Christian theology based upon historical revelation.

Shalom
George
http://web.raex.com/~gmurphy/