Re: [asa] another physics question-information

From: <mlucid@aol.com>
Date: Tue Oct 30 2007 - 16:53:40 EDT

 I think you could say that new information is one of the inevitable results of the
existence of the prior state information.? I say "one of the inevitable results" because
an infinite number of possible states of information could have happened but didn't.

I think the irreducible info that Hawkins espouses deals with the fact that only one
thing actually happens and the extent of the resulting info is conserved absolutely like
the conservation of matter that arranges the info.? However, the possible outcomes that
were not realized remain infinitely greater. Is that information?? I don't know.?

On a microscopic scale, it's like the difference between the total number of associations
the brain can make compared to the ones it actually makes.? The magic is, that even though
what we wind up with is pretty mundane for the most part, I think the potential for what we
could conceive in one lifetime by the unique arrangement of our thoughts, is literally boundless.

It is the arrangement of the info of our conception that I think is the Rosetta Stone of our
purpose.? We can affect reality at the very pinnacle of locally focused information (us) in a
way that maximizes the reflection of our instinct for God.?

-Mike (friend of ASA)