Re: [Bulk] RE: [asa] Design Inference Mixed with Faith WAS Stupid/Dumb Science and Intelligent/Intelligence Science

From: <mlucid@aol.com>
Date: Tue Oct 23 2007 - 00:55:06 EDT

 Boiling it all down, no one can know how the universe came into being.  No one knows.  And even though it likes to speculate that the Big Bang was the be all, end all of the physical universe, science still flat doesn't know how the Cosmic Egg come into being.  An ostensible
transcendent Creator initiating the Cosmic Egg is actually almost plausible
and certainly not refutable by science.  So science cannot comment on the initiation of the Cosmic Egg by God or anything else.  End of argument.  Science doesn't know any more than I do whether or not God Created the universe.

But science can say how it almost certainly could NOT have been created.  A literal interpretation of the universe being created in 7 - 24 hour periods is safely out of the question for a scientist. So the Bible is either interpretable or it is false in scientific terms.  If the Bible is interpretable, there is no argument.

The question is not did God create the universe.  The question was never really about whether or not God created the universe.  The question is and always was, what is the best interpretation of the Bible?

-Mike