Re: [Bulk] RE: [asa] Design Inference Mixed with Faith WAS Stupid/Dumb Science and Intelligent/Intelligence Science

From: D. F. Siemens, Jr. <dfsiemensjr@juno.com>
Date: Tue Oct 23 2007 - 00:36:11 EDT

Is "power and Godhead" design? It seems to me that this indicates a King,
not a maker.
Dave

On Mon, 22 Oct 2007 23:09:21 -0400 "John Walley" <john_walley@yahoo.com>
writes:

George, I appreciate this thoughtful dialogue and I am trying to more
fully understand your and all the positions presented here as well as my
own. I also don’t mean to be antagonistic but it is just hard for me to
surrender what I consider to be just basic spiritual discernment to the
much more nuanced claims of science which appear to me to be missing the
point. That is what I am struggling with.

For instance, in your two enumerated foibles of ID below, I agree with
your second one but we seem to still be disconnecting on the first one.
As was pointed out in another response, the Romans 20 quote seems to me
to be at odds with this claim. In fact the scripture seems to make clear
that Design and a Designer not only can be inferred but is actually
mandated from observations of nature (primarily at a general level but
this should still hold at a scientific level as well) to the point that
those that reject this conclusion are without excuse, so clearly
according to this scripture, this is an absolute spiritual truth
independent of any faith commitment.
<snip>