Re: [asa] Stupid/Dumb Science and Intelligent/Intelligence Science

From: PvM <pvm.pandas@gmail.com>
Date: Sun Oct 21 2007 - 00:36:06 EDT

Who is conflating PN and MN I wonder? For all we know God is
proclaiming His glory through the bacterial flagella, or perhaps
through malaria which according to Behe may very well ave been
designed.
Despite all these great testimonies to God, ID somehow seems to focus
on some pretty destructive components of nature. Now historically
religion has searched and 'found' God(s) in the destructive powers of
nature but I believe science has shown us a beautiful creation
everywhere and we need not delegate God to areas of our ignorance.
It's exactly because anyone can find support in science for their
faith that faith is so different from science. Rather than fear
science or materialism why not focus on what science is telling us and
realize that science has little in common with materialism?

Scientism, materialism are all irrelevant terms here. We are
discussing the issue of ID when it comes to science and why ID by most
standards is not just scientifically without content or infertile but
also ID is by most standards a science killer. After all, after
concluding 'design' what is a scientist but to do? After all, design
is basically equivalent to an admission that science has not addressed
the issue succesfully.

Are miracles really that important to Christian faith? Or do they
provide us with useful parables ?

Regardless, the topic was ID and ignorance and the original 'argument'
was just plain wrong. Surely if ID wishes to defend itself, it should
try some real arguments rather than showing a total misunderstanding
of science?

So what has ID done for science lately? Has there been any update from
the usual "Darwinism cannot explain x ?