Re: [asa] Stupid/Dumb Science and Intelligent/Intelligence Science

From: PvM <pvm.pandas@gmail.com>
Date: Sat Oct 20 2007 - 19:08:46 EDT

As George has already pointed out, this is a very inept response. Of
course, that ID is merely the set theoretic complement of regularity
and chance shows that 'design' is not an explanation but rather a
position of ignorance based on the fact that science cannot (yet)
explain a particular feature.

I have invited many an ID activist to present their best explanation
for how the bacterial flagellum was 'designed' but given the fact that
there do exist plausible evolutionary explanations or hypotheses, ID
cannot even speak about the flagellum being designed. ID proponents
argue that these explanations are not detailed enough and that design
is still the best explanation, but that is an illogical position
because ID does not explain anything.

What has ID to offer beyond 'design'? Nothing at all really. And the
proof is in the pudding so the speak as ID has yet to propose ANY
scientific explanation for what it claims is 'designed'.