Re: [asa] Denver RATE Conference (Thousands...Not Billions)_Part 2

From: <mlucid@aol.com>
Date: Thu Oct 18 2007 - 22:19:51 EDT

>> I presume that
accelerated plate movement implies additional heating, but who worries
about additional heating??

Don

 So, that's where global warming comes from.?

-Mike (I knew it wasn't us.)

mlucid@aol.com wrote:?

> Seems to me folks are trying to hang a lot on carbon dating.? Just continental drift combined with some magnetic alignment data in ocean floor rock puts us way over 6,000 years down the pike.? I mean it's not like we're arguing about a few hundred percentile here.? We're looking at a temporal factor of nearly a million.? I cannot believe that God is immanent in all things in a way that would drastically confuse us so elegantly.?
>?

> -Mike?

> ?

That reminds me of something else. By putting some scripture inspired
but physically unrealistic values of parameters into his computer model,
John Baumgardner accelerates continental drift. I presume that
accelerated plate movement implies additional heating, but who worries
about additional heating??

Don?
?

"unsubscribe asa" (no quotes) as the body of the message.?