Re: [asa] Denver RATE Conference (Thousands...Not Billions)_Part 2

From: Don Nield <d.nield@auckland.ac.nz>
Date: Thu Oct 18 2007 - 18:09:40 EDT

mlucid@aol.com wrote:
> Seems to me folks are trying to hang a lot on carbon dating.? Just continental drift combined with some magnetic alignment data in ocean floor rock puts us way over 6,000 years down the pike.? I mean it's not like we're arguing about a few hundred percentile here.? We're looking at a temporal factor of nearly a million.? I cannot believe that God is immanent in all things in a way that would drastically confuse us so elegantly.?
>
> -Mike

That reminds me of something else. By putting some scripture inspired
but physically unrealistic values of parameters into his computer model,
John Baumgardner accelerates continental drift. I presume that
accelerated plate movement implies additional heating, but who worries
about additional heating?
Don