Re: [asa] Denver RATE Conference (Thousands...Not Billions)_Part 2

From: Michael Roberts <michael.andrea.r@ukonline.co.uk>
Date: Thu Oct 18 2007 - 15:09:26 EDT

Another one , but this time pure British (Churchill's mother was a foreigner!!!!) coming from a member of the Government in about 1990 is "being economical with the truth".

You mention one-sided advocacy but when does this actually become dishonest. One should always look for contrary evidence. One needs to be personally robust and almost seek out things to destroy one's position. After all if you don't someone else will and that is what ought to be done. Good ole testability.

The difficulty is not ascribing blame is when you read an article by Woodmorappe on age dating (late 70s in the CRSQ) and start checking his 700 anomalous dates. I did so and after 100 which were all typical misreadings etc etc, I gave up in disgust and came to a moral conclusion.

It was reading Morris's inexactitudes in the GF on radiometric age dating which convinced me that his ideas were 10000% false

Michael