Re: [asa] Denver RATE Conference (Thousands...Not Billions)_Part 2

From: Kirk Bertsche <Bertsche@aol.com>
Date: Thu Oct 18 2007 - 10:59:43 EDT

I agree. I doubt that it is willful deception; I suspect it is more
a matter of wishful thinking and grasping at straws. The RATE folks
are convinced of their biblical interpretation, and seem to feel that
to reconsider this would be to cast doubt on Scripture itself. So
they are trying very hard to find scientific support for their
biblical interpretation.

Baumgardner is reportedly a well-respected nuclear theorist, but he
does not seem to have a good understanding of, or experience in,
experimental issues such as laboratory technique, instrument
backgrounds, background corrections, etc. I get the feeling that he
expects the real world to behave in a nice, predictable way just like
his computer codes.

Kirk