Re: [asa] What is life? (letters in Raleigh News & Observer)

From: PvM <pvm.pandas@gmail.com>
Date: Mon Oct 15 2007 - 23:13:19 EDT

What is one to make of such ad hoc claims? Proof by assertion seems
rather circular an approach here.

Let's take the concept of altruism, surely as nonphysical as any of
the ones claimed by Alex, and yet we can study it, and even find
plausible evolutionary explanations for it. So what am I to make of
such assertions? Perhaps responding to it already makes too much of
them, but I am really attempting to understand the logic involved.