Re: [asa] Moderate Theology

From: <philtill@aol.com>
Date: Sat Oct 13 2007 - 11:58:43 EDT

Dick, I liked what you set out to do but I agree there are some problems.? My main?concern is that the "moderate" view is too particularly?your own?view, because there are other "moderate" views as well and these have been excluded.?

Theology exists in a high-dimensional configuration space, and?we can't reduce it to one dimension (the supposed Liberal-to-Conservative vector) except maybe to summarize some specific points.? If your specific point is that people should give up the extremes and adopt the middle, then the moderate view needs to be broader.? Otherwise,?it simply represents a different extreme but projected on a different vector within the space, and people will see this.

Phil