Re: [asa] New Evidence for Two Human Origins

From: David Campbell <pleuronaia@gmail.com>
Date: Fri Oct 12 2007 - 18:20:00 EDT

Not overly relevant to Hebrew counting, but I think there was a 7 day
pattern in the Mesoamerican calendar.

> In base seven shouldn't Moses have originally enumerated "13" commandments?

Several different numbers have symbolic significance, so the ideal
number of days, commandments, etc. varies a bit. There may also be a
hint of counting issues in the uncertainty over exactly what are the
10 commandments (whether the prologue counts, where to draw the line
in multipart commands).

--
Dr. David Campbell
425 Scientific Collections