Re: [asa] New Evidence for Two Human Origins

From: David Campbell <>
Date: Fri Oct 12 2007 - 18:20:00 EDT

Not overly relevant to Hebrew counting, but I think there was a 7 day
pattern in the Mesoamerican calendar.

> In base seven shouldn't Moses have originally enumerated "13" commandments?

Several different numbers have symbolic significance, so the ideal
number of days, commandments, etc. varies a bit. There may also be a
hint of counting issues in the uncertainty over exactly what are the
10 commandments (whether the prologue counts, where to draw the line
in multipart commands).

Dr. David Campbell
425 Scientific Collections
University of Alabama