Re: [asa] Denver RATE Conference (Thousands...Not Billions)_Part 6 & The End

From: Jack Haas <haas.john@comcast.net>
Date: Thu Oct 11 2007 - 10:10:00 EDT

Michael and the list:

I too have appreciated the time that Steve has put into attending the meeting and summarizing the
discusions. I had planned to put the collection together and then decide how it might be treated
on the list. I have used parts of many discussions in the past and have included suggested articles on the ASA faith-science news blog as well. Keep them coming.

Whether to include Steve's work or the gists of any of our rambling discussion is a complex question.
Most of the time we say some valuable things but seldom come to a conclusion. It would be a real
contribution if some of you would be willing to summarize valuable threads that I could place in the
appropriate spot on the ASA site. We might include a new feature "musings from the listserve" or
....It will take volunteer effort to make this work.

Steve's work does offer conclusions and deals with bad science. So in due course it will be included.
Unfortunately, I have not been able to locate anyone willing to head up the geology section of the
physical science topic. Volunteers? So...where to put this item.

We need wider participation in the work of the ASA site to make it more inclusive and attractive. Your advice will be appreciated.

Jack Haas
ASA Web Editor
haas.john@comcast.net

From: "Michael Roberts" <michael.andrea.r@ukonline.co.uk>

Steve

Can I say how much I have appreciated these postings.

Is it possible to put them as a downloadable article on the ASA website please, so that it can be used by others - possibly advertised elsewhere.

I must admit on a sunny September day in Colorado I would preferred to climb one of your 14000ft peaks, but I hope posts of appreciation are some compensation.

I will reply with a history lesson for Gary!!

Michael