[asa] rainbow covenant

From: Merv <mrb22667@kansas.net>
Date: Thu Oct 11 2007 - 08:15:25 EDT

I just enjoyed watching the movie "Evan Almighty" last night with the
youth group. For anyone willing to understand the entertainment genre
for what it is (i.e. stop expecting only serious theology and serious
science), it makes for an enjoyable time complete with theatrics aimed
at Junior highers.

It did provoke at least one serious reflection for me though: If the
flood was a localized event (as most here seem solidly convinced of),
then what is the meaning of God's promise that such an event will never
happen again? Doesn't such a promise become nonsensical as applied to
floods in general? I'd love to see responses to this if any of you have
one.

--Merv