Re: [asa] Denver RATE Conference (Thousands...Not Billions)_Part 6 & The End

From: George Murphy <gmurphy@raex.com>
Date: Thu Oct 11 2007 - 06:35:44 EDT

Like others, I agree with Randy's evaluation. I would point out though that the reliance on "divine intervention" - i.e., miracle - has been clear in this most recent phase of YEC claims even before the RATE project began. In Starlight & Time Humphreys had to say that God somehow brought about an enormous expansion of space during the creation week. As I've said before, natural processes plus a miracle = a miracle as far as scientific explanation is concerned. Humphreys' cosmology and the RATE project (together or separately) are precisely, without remainder, in the category of the famous "Then a miracle occurs" cartoon - i.e., they are a joke as far as science is concerned.

Shalom
George
http://web.raex.com/~gmurphy/