Re: [asa] Denver RATE Conference (Thousands...Not Billions)_Part 6 & The End

From: Rich Blinne <rich.blinne@gmail.com>
Date: Thu Oct 11 2007 - 00:02:16 EDT

On Oct 10, 2007, at 9:19 PM, Randy Isaac wrote:

> Most of all, note the reliance on "divine interpretation." This is
> perhaps the clearest statement yet from ICR/CRS that known
> scientific concepts are not consistent with the young-earth
> position. In my article, I focused on the deception of those who
> claim RATE concluded that science has shown the young-earth
> position to be credible while the actual technical report states
> clearly that there are unresolved problems that cannot be solved by
> any known scientific process. I did circulate my article to the
> Creation Research Society board of directors prior to publication,
> with no response. It is now interesting that DeYoung essentially
> admits that the young-earth advocate cannot close the loop with
> science but needs to fall back on "divine intervention." In so
> doing, he has been truthful in reporting the failure of RATE to
> settle the issue of the age of the earth scientifically. If the
> audience left the conference thinking that RATE had demonstrated
> the scientific feasibility of a young earth, then that was merely
> what they wanted to hear--they were told factually that "divine
> intervention" must be invoked.

Randy, it's not merely divine intervention but it's secret divine
intervention. Invoking God to explain an unexplained phenomenon is
one thing but invoking God to explain an unobserved phenomenon is
another. God of the gaps has its issues but doing away with the gaps
doesn't falsify God because God can be behind explained phenomena,
too. This, on the other hand, is equivalent to saying, "God turned
the sky pink yesterday. You deny that the sky was pink yesterday?
Then you don't believe in God, do you?" In the end, you produce
derision from your enemies and alienate your friends.