Re: This is a list of Christian scientists was: Re: [asa] Peer review of ID

From: Iain Strachan <igd.strachan@gmail.com>
Date: Wed Oct 10 2007 - 03:30:32 EDT

James,

I think it's worthwhile pointing out that Wesley Elsberry is not a militant
atheist. I have corresponded with him a number of times and he says he is a
Theistic Evolutionist.

BTW, I've run Schneider's ev program myself - it certainly does better than
chance, so it's not clear what Dembski is on about there. However, the
program doesn't prove that Rseq = Rfreq. That is a coincidence of the
choice of parameters chosen in the example given in the paper. If you alter
the required spacing between the binding sites (alter Rfreq), you find that
Rseq doesn't equal Rfreq. The reason is that the nucleotides on the binding
site are not statistically independent in his simulation. (Specifically the
neural network "recogniser" induces a distribution where there are
dependencies between the nucleotides).

Iain