Re: [asa] New Evidence for Two Human Origins

From: Merv <mrb22667@kansas.net>
Date: Tue Oct 09 2007 - 19:33:35 EDT

In base seven shouldn't Moses have originally enumerated "13"
commandments? Obviously what we have now is the decimal 10 applying to
the actual countable ten. So did later scribes just ignore the base 7
rendering (if base 7 was the case) and, unlike the non-verifiable large
quantities from elsewhere, just count it for themselves and discard
previously used number systems? You would think the checkable items
like this ought to make a good base-line for any scribe at any later
time who wonders what number system is employed by earlier scribes. Of
course base 60 wouldn't be checkable this way.

--Merv