Re: [asa] New Evidence for Two Human Origins

From: gordon brown <gbrown@Colorado.EDU>
Date: Mon Oct 08 2007 - 21:41:17 EDT

In support of the long lives of some of the patriarchs is Gen. 47:8,9.
Pharaoh's curiosity about Jacob's age makes sense if Jacob was quite a bit
older than anyone whom Pharaoh knew. As far as I know, the longest lived
Egyptian Pharaoh was Rameses II, who reigned over Egypt for 67 years and
died in his 90s, and my guess would be that not too many Egyptians lived
much longer than that.

Gordon Brown