Re: [asa] Turning back the sun

From: Kirk Bertsche <Bertsche@aol.com>
Date: Mon Oct 08 2007 - 16:57:28 EDT

FYI, YEC'ers Whitcomb and DeYoung take exactly the position you
outline below in their book "Our Created Moon" (differing from
Morris' position). After arguing that God COULD have stopped the
earth's rotation, they claim that He DIDN'T because this would
violate statements such as you mention below. So they suggest that
the long day of Joshua was some sort of optical effect, and that the
turning back of the sundial for Hezekiah was a local optical effect
possibly confined to his courtyard.

Kirk