RE: [asa] New Evidence for Two Human Origins

From: Dick Fischer <dickfischer@verizon.net>
Date: Mon Oct 08 2007 - 11:46:17 EDT

Hi Phil:

If you assume the patriarchs lived normal life spans and place Abraham
at Ur around 2000 BC then twenty generations wouldn't even stretch 900
years to get Adam in ahead of the flood. You can't just change
something you don't like without it having a negative impact somewhere
else. You would also have to posit missing unnamed generations in order
to stretch the line of patriarchs or come up with corresponding dates to
accommodate. I see Adam at 4800 BC, corresponding to the archaeological
dating of Eridu, the flood at 2900 BC from clay layers dated by
archaeologists, and Abraham around 2000 BC irrespective of published
patriarchal life spans.

There may be some problem areas in Genesis but I don't see patriarchal
ages to be one of them and why fix something that ain't broke? Keep in
mind that we are missing all of the literature that was available to
Berossus when he compiled the history of Babylon and to Josephus when he
wrote the history of the Jews. About all we have are the sacred
Scriptures because great effort was expended to preserve them. When
armies conquered cities they destroyed everything.

Dick Fischer

Dick Fischer, Genesis Proclaimed Association

 <http://www.genesisproclaimed.org/> www.genesisproclaimed.org