Re: [asa] New Evidence for Two Human Origins

From: David Campbell <pleuronaia@gmail.com>
Date: Fri Oct 05 2007 - 13:36:52 EDT

> "...Abraham claims to be too old at 100 (but not at 86)."
>
> But note that Abraham married Keturah at an age in excess of 128 and had at
> least six kids. (Gen. 25:1-7)

There's not an explicit link between the date of this and other events
in Abraham's life, except they were adults before Abraham's death. As
translated in NASB, the link between the previous chapter (marriage of
Isaac) and 25 seems the same as that between 11 and 12, but the
general claim that Abraham was too old to father Isaac would suggest
that Keturah was a concubine not previously mentioned despite being

Dr. David Campbell
425 Scientific Collections
University of Alabama