RE: [asa] New Evidence for Two Human Origins

From: Dick Fischer <dickfischer@verizon.net>
Date: Wed Oct 03 2007 - 16:54:06 EDT

I have his book and have exchanged emails with Mayer. I encouraged him
to join ASA and he did. He and I for various reasons take the
genealogies at full face value. We differ on whether the man in Genesis
1 and 2 are the same. He sides with Peter Ruest thinking they are
different, Adam 1 being generic man and Adam 2 (Scofield's old term)
being Adam. Quoting one of the sub headings: "The Hebrew Word, Adam
Cannot Refer to the pre-Adamites of Genesis 1."

And we pretty much agree about almost everything else. I would love to
see some genetic evidence but neither he nor I have any. We both fall
on racial mixing between the pre-Adamic and the Adamic race somewhere
around Noah. He uses life span probabilities to show that subsequent
patriarchal generations died pretty close to what their theoretical life
spans would have been in light of mixing.

Of course I agree that his approach does resolve some of the
difficulties we have discussed on this list for low these many years.
It's refreshing to see someone else pushing in the same direction. And
his conclusions were independent of mine.

Dick Fischer, Genesis Proclaimed Association

www.genesisproclaimed.org