Re: [asa] New Evidence for Two Human Origins

From: Freeman, Louise Margaret <lfreeman@mbc.edu>
Date: Wed Oct 03 2007 - 13:30:23 EDT

Not my area of expertise, of course, but without some evidence that other alleles of these 7000
purpoted genes would be capable of extending lifespans 10-fold or more, I doubt you are
going to find many who would seriously entertain the notion of 900 year old humans.

Two species closely related enough to interbreed where one has a lifespan 10 times the other?
A mammalian species with a lifespan 10 times any others, and at least 5 times longer than the
oldest known, much slower-metabolically reptiles?

It doesn't seem feasible.
__
Louise M. Freeman, PhD
Psychology Dept