[asa] The Spiritual Brain

From: PvM <pvm.pandas@gmail.com>
Date: Wed Oct 03 2007 - 00:00:46 EDT

On PT, we find a review by PZ Myers of The Spiritual Brain: A
Neuroscientist's Case for the Existence of the Soul, by Mario
Beauregard and Denyse O'Leary. Yes, our friend Denyse. However, the
review is not very favorable. Is anyone from ASA going to do a review
of this book?

<quote>This is not a positive review by any stretch of the
imagination, I'm afraid it's a very poorly written book, which
reaches unsupportable conclusions by ridiculous contortions of logic.
It is also not about evolution, although it does have a connection:
one of the authors, Denyse O'Leary, is one of the faint and flickering
luminaries of the Intelligent Design movement, and the premise that
the mind has a natural cause is one of the targets of anti-materialist
creationism.</quote>

http://pandasthumb.org/archives/2007/10/the-spiritual-b.html