Re: [asa] Former YEC's on ASA and Henry Morris - WAS DenverRATE Conference

From: <cmekve@aol.com>
Date: Mon Oct 01 2007 - 15:13:25 EDT

For those folks wishing to explore Haeckel's religion, the latest issue of Science in Context (2007, v. 20, no.3) just happens to have a nice article by Bernhard Kleeberg exploring this very topic.? Entitled "God-Nature: Natural Theology in German Monism", the abstract includes this:

"Even though Haeckel and his followers polemicized against dualistic and teleological interpretations of nature, and despite their fierce struggle against the Christian churches, Monism cannot conceal its roots.? All central arguments of natural theology reappear -- albeit sometimes in causal or reductionist phrasing.? Haeckel's aesthetics of nature in particular shows his indebtedness to the concept of divine economy of nature.? His Monism is an evolutionary and pantheistic natural theology."

My apologies for simply quoting this, but it should give some indication as to whether the article is worth your while tracking down.? FWIW I found it useful.? This entire issue of Science in Context deals with issues of natural theology.

Karl
Karl V. Evans
cmekve@aol.com