Re: [asa] Former YEC's on ASA and Henry Morris - WAS DenverRATE Conference

From: Rich Blinne <rich.blinne@gmail.com>
Date: Mon Oct 01 2007 - 08:43:29 EDT

The error that YEC/ID makes with respect to evolution as a religion
is of a different kind than say the age of the Earth. As Ted and
George have shown there is evidence for this proposition. What YEC/ID
does with this is to extrapolate the evidence to conclude that all
who believe in evolution as a scientific theory believe in it as an
ideology/religion. At least in the case, the evidential vector lines
up instead of being in the completely opposite direction as it is in
the case of the age of the Earth. Therefore, this is a poor example
if you want to build a case of intellectual dishonesty versus mere
sloppiness.