[asa] Useful Mutants

From: Jim Armstrong <jarmstro@qwest.net>
Date: Fri Aug 31 2007 - 13:32:33 EDT

Seems to me that this work might be really challenging to
antievolutionists. This work is just hastening processes that would
otherwise happen over longer time periods. And, they are "selecting". So
all the pieces are present, (1) mutation resulting in many alternations,
only some of which are beneficial per the particular operative criteria
of desirability, and (2) selection - preservation and propagation of
desirable mutant results.
That's it. That's the essential evolutionary process. One might protest,
I suppose, that this is not natural - being accelerated time- and
event-wise by humans. But it really does not matter who does the
selection, or what the rules are - only that they are in play.

Useful Mutants, Bred With Radiation
<http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1887601/posts> - New York Times