Re: atheist babies (was Re: [asa] Behe's Math... was Arrogance)

From: Rich Blinne <rich.blinne@gmail.com>
Date: Fri Aug 31 2007 - 12:25:28 EDT

On 8/31/07, David Opderbeck <dopderbeck@gmail.com> wrote:

> But then there are those of us who are perhaps a bit more Arminian than
> we'd like to admit, and who believe that a parent's influence really is
> key...... (and some of us caught between Calvin and Arminius have children
> with profound developmental disabilities, and so wonder /agonize about how
> God's grace, free will, and sovereignty play into the fate of their own
> children as well....)

Being a Calvinist doesn't mean that the parent has no influence. Note the
oath to raise our children in the nuture and admonition of the Lord. As for
myself, I have a child with developmental difficulties and I find the
doctrine of God's sovereignty to be both practical and comforting.
Nonetheless, I understand and appreciate the struggle here.