Re: atheist babies (was Re: [asa] Behe's Math... was Arrogance)

From: George Murphy <gmurphy@raex.com>
Date: Fri Aug 31 2007 - 11:45:21 EDT

I did not mean to suggest that a parent's influence cannot be a means through which a child is brought to faith, but only that (as Rich re-emphasized), we should not think of infants as being in some state of dreaming innocence. The question of children (or adults) with developmental difficulties is important. Part of the answer is, as I mentioned a few days ago in another setting, that faith should not be throught of in exclusively rational terms, as if a person could not be saved without understanding and assenting to certain propositions. (This is, of course, different for those who are capable of such understanding and assent.)

Shalom
George
http://web.raex.com/~gmurphy/