Re: atheist babies (was Re: [asa] Behe's Math... was Arrogance)

From: Rich Blinne <rich.blinne@gmail.com>
Date: Fri Aug 31 2007 - 09:14:45 EDT

On Aug 31, 2007, at 7:01 AM, George Murphy wrote:

> It might help to put this business about cute 3 year olds in
> theological perspective. A few years ago a writer to the "letters
> to the editor" column of my local paper stated that "all babies are
> born 100% atheists." He apparently thought that was a profound
> putdown of Christianity but it's basically what Augustana 2 says
> about original sin - that all people are born without true fear of
> God or true faith in God. That is true of Skatje - and you - and me.

A visiting pastor was asked to do a baptism at a local Presbyterian
church. He said he would be willing to do that. He was then asked to
present a white rose to the parents. He asked what it symbolized.
Well, the innocence of the child, of course. He then asked, "then
what does the water symbolize?"