Re: [asa] FW: Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed the new film on the ID controversy

From: PvM <pvm.pandas@gmail.com>
Date: Fri Aug 31 2007 - 00:15:56 EDT

Exactly, what is telling is how ID seems to be more interested in presenting
a flawed case of surpression while unable to present a scientifically
relevant concept.
What a crock, pardon my french.

<quote>

The *Expelled* movie isn't yet out so we can't make fun of it in its
entirety, but as everyone knows by now, the filmmakers started things off
rather badly by
lying<http://www.pandasthumb.org/archives/2007/08/im_gonna_be_a_m.html>to
the pro-science people they interviewed, making them think that it was
an
entirely different film with a different name and a different premise.
That's a good taste of the kind of sleaze we're dealing with.

Another taste can be found on the movie's official
website<http://www.expelledthemovie.com/home.php>,
complete with press
release<http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=104&STORY=/www/story/08-22-2007/0004649742&EDATE=>and
a blog
post <http://expelledthemovie.com/blog/2007/08/21/bens-blog/#more-4> by Ben
Stein. Although they say you can't judge a book by its cover, one has to
assume that the claims being made in the press release and by Stein, who
stars in the film, were actually made in all seriousness and truly reflect
the content of the movie. I'm going to critique what I've seen so far based
on these materials. The film could always surprise us of course by avoiding
the insane rhetoric and untruthful claims found in its own promotional
materials, but that seems unlikely to me. Also, I'm not going into detail
about the specific cases mentioned in the press release, which have already
been discussed at length and will be discussed in much more detail once the
film is out. Instead I'm going to talk more generally about the persecution
claims being made.</quote>
Read more at
http://stevereuland.blogspot.com/2007/08/expelled-no-intelligence-evident.html

Is this the kind of rhetoric we want to see presented as 'intelligent
design'?