Re: [asa] FW: Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed the new film on the ID controversy

From: Robert Schneider <schneider98@gmail.com>
Date: Thu Aug 30 2007 - 21:55:28 EDT

I shall have to see the film to follow the argument that is summarized here
in this advertisement. I can already tell that this film is a piece that is
hardly "fair and balanced," and presents the controversy entirely from the
ID point of view. The ad is filled with ID rhetoric.

As for the persons claimed to have been silenced: we have already discussed
the Gonzalez case on this list. As for Carolyn Crocker (who was teaching one
course as an adjunct at a local community college). I have read one of her
analyses and critique of evolution, and I have to say that it is so bad it
is unworthy of someone who claims to be a science teacher. Her description
is a caricature of evolution, containing statements that simply are not
true; it was embarrassing even to read.

The ad is filled with the usual ID-speak. If I am going to watch this film
(paid for by Bruce Chapman and the Discovery Institute, I wonder?), I'm
going to have to start with a stiff drink (apologies to you teetotalers).

Bob Schneider
"Science and Faith: perspectives on Christianity and science":
http://community.berea.edu/scienceandfaith/

--
Robert J. Schneider
187 Sierra Vista
"Science and Faith: perspectives on Christianity and science:
http://community.berea.edu/scienceandfaith/.
"A Catechism of Creation: An Episcopal Understanding":
www.episcopalchurch.org/science/.
When asked what he would do if he knew Christ would return tomorrow, Martin
Luther is said to have replied, "I would plant a tree today."