Re: [asa] Behe's Math... was Arrogance

From: Iain Strachan <igd.strachan@gmail.com>
Date: Thu Aug 30 2007 - 11:47:39 EDT

John,

> It is refreshing to see this in a more balanced perspective and to know that you agree in rejecting Myers' atheism that he proudly claims for his daughter. I think that is a tragedy.

I'd have to say in fairness that this depends on your point of view.
I'm extremely proud that my daughter has arrived at the decision to
embrace Christianity, and is now leading a cell-group at her church.
But I've no doubt that many atheists would think that this was a
tragedy as well, and that my wife and I were responsible for
brain-washing her by introducing her to church. (Interestingly, my
own father stopped taking me to church because he thought it was
"brainwashing the poor little bugger" :-)

One might also note that Skatje Myers doesn't "blame her dad" for her
atheism and anti-theism - it was a decision she claims to have arrived
at herself.

I have to say I had qualms when you posted a picture of the cute three
year old who is now 17 and recruiting atheists. It seems an argument
from appeal to emotion. All atheists were cute toddlers once.

Iain