Re: [asa] Behe's Math... was Arrogance

From: PvM <pvm.pandas@gmail.com>
Date: Thu Aug 30 2007 - 10:55:16 EDT

The real question is do YOU NOT visit such places to understand 'the
rest of the story'? But regardless of the anti-theistic nature of
Myers, his blog contains excellent contributions to science.

As to your final question, the answer is simple: Not enough time and priority.

What I find interesting is how a posting in which I show the vacuity
of Behe's claims, somehow is turned into a whining session about them
mean atheists. Come on guys, is this the best we can do when
confronted with this 'nonsense' by Christians?

John Walley asks

<quote>I'm curious, in your worldview, is this a good thing and is
this the logical outcome for our kids from having an understanding of
true science free from religious prejudices and the scientific vacuity
of ID?

As a Christian Pim, do you not feel the need to also counter some of
the atheist prejudices of PZ and others? Would you consider that this
is a symptom of moral or spiritual vacuity and what should we do about
this in our society?
</quote>

I am not sure what atheist prejudices you have in mind. I do not care
too much about what atheists have to say about religion, why should I.
Is Skatje's decision to start a atheistic-humanistic club at her
university a good thing or even a logical outcome ? Certainly the
scientific vacuity of ID may lead some to come to flawed conclusions
about Christianity but in the end, Christianity has nothing to fear of
science. Is it a logical outcome, perhaps, it is a necessary outcome,
of course not.
My focus at this moment is on science, and the cost to science (and
faith) of actions of Christians.

Examples include global warming and the human cause deniers, who seem
to be intent on ignoring good science in favor of ... what exactly?
Other examples include YECism, and most varieties of intelligent
design.
 Or in this thread, the embarassing actions of Janice who seems to
have abandoned any attempt to portray herself as a Christian.
Is it worth it Janice?