RE: [asa] Behe's Math... was Arrogance

From: Janice Matchett <>
Date: Thu Aug 30 2007 - 10:04:49 EDT

My comments are below these four excerpted posts.

>See Behe
>...." ~ Pim van Meurs Thursday, August 30, 2007 12:09 AM

>"..Pim, I found this interesting article on PZ Meyers's site that
>you referred us to .. Turns out PZ has a daughter .. that just
>turned 17 and he proudly shares that she chose to celebrate the
>occasion by participating in a recruiting drive for the Campus
>Atheists, Skeptics, and Humanists group at her school. In her blog
>she notes that she is not just an atheist but anti-religious,
>although she says she doesn't blame her dad for this but arrived at
>this conclusion herself. I'm curious, in your worldview, is this a
>good thing and is this the logical outcome for our kids from having
>an understanding of true science free from religious prejudices and
>the scientific vacuity of ID? As a Christian Pim, do you not feel
>the need to also counter some of the atheist prejudices of PZ and
>others? Would you consider that this is a symptom of moral or
>spiritual vacuity and what should we do about this in our
>society? ~ John Walley 8/30/2007 08:35 AM

>Those who criticize the attempts of Christians to integrate the
>Christian faith with the findings of experimental sciences ought to
>play a positive role by putting forward their own efforts in this
>regard. Gadflies ought to direct their bites at the clear enemies
>of Christ rather than those who love Him. "You will know them by
>their fruits. Grapes are not gathered from thorn bushes nor figs
>from thistles, are they?" Matt. 7:16. ~ Moorad Alexanian Thu
>8/30/2007 09:23 AM

>Do you actually visit such places on the internet that put out
>anti-theistic rhetoric regularly PIM? You still haven't taken up my
>challenge to give voice to Christian views of altruism instead of
>those of sociobiologists and evolutionary psychologists. One might
>wonder: why not? ~ Gregory Arago Thu 8/30/2007 8:47 AM

@ "And whoever must be a creator in good and evil, verily, he must
be an annihilator and break values. Thus the highest evil belongs to
the highest goodness: but this is creative." --Nietzsche

Hector Avalos, Professor of "Religious Studies" at ISU, PZ Myers,
Richard Dawkins, and Pim all sound exactly like Dr.

"...It is a truism that ideas have consequences, but even ideas must
take a back seat to the unexamined values that shape the ideas one is
capable of thinking. As Camus once said, no one became a communist
from reading Marx. Rather, first they had an emotional,
psuedo-spiritual conversion, then they read the unholy scriptures in
order to deepen their faith." "...There is a reason why Marxism
only exists in universities, and that you will never find a
businessman who operates his business along the lines of Marxist
doctrine. To paraphrase Ronald Reagan, "liberals read Marx.
Conservatives understand him."

"Nothing makes me more certain of the victory of our ideas than our
success in the universities." --Adolf Hitler

~ Janice.... Birds of a
feather: ( If
links don't work, copy and paste them into your browser. )

To unsubscribe, send a message to with