RE: [asa] Behe's Math... was Arrogance

From: Janice Matchett <janmatch@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu Aug 30 2007 - 10:04:49 EDT

My comments are below these four excerpted posts.

>See Behe
>flail
>http://scienceblogs.com/evolutionblog/2007/08/see_behe_flail.php
>...." ~ Pim van Meurs Thursday, August 30, 2007 12:09 AM

>"..Pim, I found this interesting article on PZ Meyers's site that
>you referred us to .. Turns out PZ has a daughter .. that just
>turned 17 and he proudly shares that she chose to celebrate the
>occasion by participating in a recruiting drive for the Campus
>Atheists, Skeptics, and Humanists group at her school. In her blog
>she notes that she is not just an atheist but anti-religious,
>although she says she doesn't blame her dad for this but arrived at
>this conclusion herself. I'm curious, in your worldview, is this a
>good thing and is this the logical outcome for our kids from having
>an understanding of true science free from religious prejudices and
>the scientific vacuity of ID? As a Christian Pim, do you not feel
>the need to also counter some of the atheist prejudices of PZ and
>others? Would you consider that this is a symptom of moral or
>spiritual vacuity and what should we do about this in our
>society? ~ John Walley 8/30/2007 08:35 AM

>Those who criticize the attempts of Christians to integrate the
>Christian faith with the findings of experimental sciences ought to
>play a positive role by putting forward their own efforts in this
>regard. Gadflies ought to direct their bites at the clear enemies
>of Christ rather than those who love Him. "You will know them by
>their fruits. Grapes are not gathered from thorn bushes nor figs
>from thistles, are they?" Matt. 7:16. ~ Moorad Alexanian Thu
>8/30/2007 09:23 AM

>Do you actually visit such places on the internet that put out
>anti-theistic rhetoric regularly PIM? You still haven't taken up my
>challenge to give voice to Christian views of altruism instead of
>those of sociobiologists and evolutionary psychologists. One might
>wonder: why not? ~ Gregory Arago Thu 8/30/2007 8:47 AM

@ "And whoever must be a creator in good and evil, verily, he must
be an annihilator and break values. Thus the highest evil belongs to
the highest goodness: but this is creative." --Nietzsche

Hector Avalos, Professor of "Religious Studies" at ISU, PZ Myers,
Richard Dawkins, and Pim all sound exactly like Dr.
Soldz. http://tinyurl.com/379zgp

"...It is a truism that ideas have consequences, but even ideas must
take a back seat to the unexamined values that shape the ideas one is
capable of thinking. As Camus once said, no one became a communist
from reading Marx. Rather, first they had an emotional,
psuedo-spiritual conversion, then they read the unholy scriptures in
order to deepen their faith." "...There is a reason why Marxism
only exists in universities, and that you will never find a
businessman who operates his business along the lines of Marxist
doctrine. To paraphrase Ronald Reagan, "liberals read Marx.
Conservatives understand him."
.." http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/1887621/posts?page=25#25

"Nothing makes me more certain of the victory of our ideas than our
success in the universities." --Adolf Hitler

~ Janice.... Birds of a
feather: http://www.calvin.edu/archive/asa/200705/0824.html ( If
links don't work, copy and paste them into your browser. )