RE: [asa] Edinburgh mtg--Alexander

From: <mrb22667@kansas.net>
Date: Tue Aug 28 2007 - 16:01:49 EDT

Quoting Dick Fischer <dickfischer@verizon.net>:

> On the other, other hand, if every hominid who breathed air in the last
> million years is in God's image then it includes Jeffrey Dahmer, the
> Boston strangler, Osama Bin Laden, and other characters of dubious
> reputation. Somehow I can't bring myself to believe that when Paul told
> us Christ was in the image of God that he thought it lumped him in with
> pedophiles and axe murderers. Certainly it is a category more esteemed
> than that.

"Esteem" is a dangerous way to differentiate among (or from) the children of
God. Don't forget that early Christians described the pre-converted apostle
Paul (Saul) in much the same way. "Lord what are you doing?! Let me tell you
about him ... " There will always be the scandalous grace for us to contend
with --- older brother always incredulous at how far his father's forgiveness
seems to extend (even his squandering younger brother.) BTW -- didn't Jeffry
Dahmer become a Christian in prison?

--Merv