RE: [asa] Creationists for genocide

From: Alexanian, Moorad <alexanian@uncw.edu>
Date: Sun Aug 26 2007 - 08:05:43 EDT

Surely, the Ten Commandments are not the result of any evolutionary theory. Their existence and the inability of man to obey them indicate that we are condemned by them and are distant from its Author.

In the Christian faith, man can be reconciled to the Author through someone who claimed to be His Son. Christ summarized the Ten Commandments into two. Accordingly, the behavior of Christians is based on these two commandments.

However, humans are intellectually incapable to logically connect, say as mathematical axioms are connected to theorems, the consequences of these laws in order to govern the actions of their free will. Of course, the consequences of our rebellion to the Son are partially visible to us all while we are alive. Therefore, pleasing the Author and learning the essence of the commandments lead to knowledge and happiness.

Of course, following the laws is based on faith not true understanding and thus faith and hope are essential. Of course, there are the proud ones amongst us that relay on their puny brains to try to fathom what is unfathomable even to the best of human mind. To them hope may be a weakness and a sign of mental limitedness and so to those only death will be their ultimate teacher.

Moorad