RE: [asa] Creationists for genocide

From: Alexanian, Moorad <alexanian@uncw.edu>
Date: Sat Aug 25 2007 - 13:12:53 EDT

There is a strong creationist movement in present day Turkey. However, the first genocide of the 20th century perpetrated on the Christian Armenian population in Armenian territories, which were occupied by the Ottoman Empire, during WWI by the Ottoman Turks has nothing to do whatsoever with creationism. It does have to do with Turkish nationalism and Islam against minorities in their former empires. Witness the present day treatment of Kurds in Turkey and the desires of Turkey to occupy northern Iraq in order to prevent Kurdish autonomy.

Moorad