Re: [asa] Any comments? Fossils belong to new great ape

From: Dave Wallace <wdwllace@sympatico.ca>
Date: Sat Aug 25 2007 - 09:27:56 EDT

David Campbell wrote:
  However, most humans are
> understanably interested in vertebrates, especially primates.

The human interest in primates begins at a very young age. Our son was
5 years old when we lived in Helsinki for a year and had not been to a
zoo previously. The company I was working for shut down for the month of
July and we took the ferry to Stockholm on the our way to see Norway.
Both children were fascinated with the animals in the Stockholm zoo but
when we came to the primates my son literally could not stand still but
jumped up and down as he was so intrigued by the similarity to himself.

Dave W (CSCA)