Re: [asa] Tough question for TEs

From: Brent Foster <bdffoster@charter.net>
Date: Fri Aug 24 2007 - 17:08:48 EDT

---- David Campbell <pleuronaia@gmail.com> wrote:
As we know it, death often results directly or indirectly from sin.
However, it is conceivable that something which in our current
experience is best approximated by a peaceful death would have been
experienced by an unfallen Adam and Eve as a component of
transitioning to an eternal existence. As far as I know we don't have
any good data to asnwer the question, though.

--
Dr. David Campbell
425 Scientific Collections
Brent Foster writes:
Yes, no doubt death is often the result of sin in terms of natural cause and effect. Death as a punishment for sin, or basically divine justice is a different matter. It seems to me that scripture teaches divine justice is not given in this life. Scripture definitely teaches that there is such thing as cause and effect and our actions have predictable consequences.  But for things beyond our control, so called "acts of God",  if good things happen to good people it's just coincidence. And if bad things happen to bad people, same thing. Are you listening Pat Robertson!
Brent