RE: [asa] FYI: Arrogance, dogma and why science - not faith - is the new enemy of

From: Kelner, Paul <PKelner@medcentral.edu>
Date: Fri Aug 24 2007 - 09:33:23 EDT

It is my belief that there will always be unsolved problems. As we all
know, answering any scientific question always leads to further
unanswered questions. With the passage of time, reductionists find that
'there is always something smaller'. Faith can not exist without the
possibility for doubt. In Corinthians I (verse 12), Paul states:

Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face
to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully
known.

The allegory of the cave will always be true to some part on this side
of glory. Sometimes I think that I understand life no more then a fish
in a pond understands me. For some, the inability to solve the puzzle
completely acts as a deterrent to even trying to solve it. For me,
there is always excitement in visualizing the 'reflection in the mirror'
a little better...