Re: [asa] FYI: Arrogance, dogma and why science - not faith - is the new enemy of

From: Lawrence Johnston <johnston@uidaho.edu>
Date: Thu Aug 23 2007 - 20:51:39 EDT

I'd like to ask a question of the Bio types on our List:

What has happened to Steve Gould's "Punk EEK" revelation that the fossil
record shows that when a new animal type shows up, it continues essentialy
simple descent for a few million years, and then goes extinct, without
showing Darwinian gradual change. I remember he took hits from some big
time professsionals, for this revelation.

Lawrence Johnston

Lawrence H. Johnston home: 917 E. 8th st.
professor of physics, emeritus Moscow, Id 83843
University of Idaho (208) 882-2765
Fellow of the American Physical Society
http://www.uidaho.edu/~johnston/HOMEPA~1.HTM ==============