Re: [asa] FYI: Arrogance, dogma and why science - not faith - is the new enemy of

From: Michael Roberts <michael.andrea.r@ukonline.co.uk>
Date: Tue Aug 21 2007 - 17:01:55 EDT

It seems that I have offended St Iain, the upright example of moral rectitude again. please don't be such a prig.

I am well aware that Alexanian is a competent physicist, but he talks absolute nonsense over geology and evolution basically dismissing them as non-science. He takes no notice of anyone who questions his gross (and deliberate?) misunderstandings and carries on making the same silly comments, and has done for years. After making my last post I followed up his website and as well as finding a fine list of publications in physics, comparable to my father who was a biochemist, it also referred to his membership of the Earth History Research Center. I looked at some of the articles and they were typical YEC misunderstanding of geology and lots of make-believe alternatives to geology. It is the same old stuff which has been criticised time and time again but some Christians want to make the Gospel seem absurd. As a Professor of Physics he should have both some understanding and respect for other sciences. Were I to make equally silly and snide comments about the non-scientific nature of physics or chemistry I am sure that many would rightfully challenge me. (George would have a field day for a start!)

Yes we can disagree and should normally be respectful, but there are times when some present such nonsense that one cannot disagree respectfully.

I shall say 37 Hail Iains and beat my breast

Michael